I am always on a mission to find ways of getting more greens into my own diet and my children’s. So when I find a green smoothie that both kids and I LOVE and keep asking for more of, I take it as a indication that I should write this one down.
This smoothie is so refreshing, what a wonderful way to start your morning! Not only is is packed with lots of Vitamin C and healthy greens, but it also has some healthy fats from the coconut milk to keep your tummy full and give your brain a little boost.
If you're kids are distrustful of green smoothies, this one should bring them over to the dark side (or should I say "green" side?)
Here are a few green smoothie pointers for kids:
- Make sure you add a lot of ice to make your green smoothie super cold
- Make sure to blend the consistency very fine, no one likes a chunky feeling in their mouth when drinking a smoothie
- Drink it in front of them and wait for them to ask you for some
- NEVER tell them to drink it! Toddlers are tricky - if you tell them to do something, they think they should do the opposite
- If all else fails, use the better eater to encourage the other smoothie skeptic ("Oh, look how strong S is getting drinking his smoothie!)
**Contains affiliate links
3 stalks kale stems removed
1 handful spinach
1/2 large orange (or one whole small) peel removed
2 dates soaked overnight
juice of 1 large lemon + add generous portion of pulp too
1/2 inch cube ginger
2/3 can organic coconut milk - I use this brand
4-5 mint leaves
splash of OJ (optional)
lots of ice
Blend all ingredients in high power blender until smooth.