Well I guess it’s about time I shared this little number with you. If you're anything like me, you go to bed dreaming about chocolate and wake up needing it ASAP. I'm happy say I finally found a healthy way to curb the craving as soon as it hits (even if it is 6:30 am).
Firstly, I will openly admit that I have been very into/borderline obsessed with finding ways to incorporate dark chocolate into all things edible as of late. I’m just addicted to it plain and simple. Secondly, it’s such a powerhouse of nutrition, can you really blame me? If you missed my post a few weeks back about the health benefits of organic cacao, check it out.
Anyhow, this smoothie has been on repeat in my house lately and no one is complaining! It is so good!! Honestly, it tastes like a chocolate milkshake from Wendy’s in a non fast food guilty sort of way. Not only does it contain the superfood cacao but it also contains frozen cauliflower, so you’re getting in your veggie for the first meal of the day. Don’t worry, cauliflower is like a ninja, you can’t disguise it however you want to! I also would like to add this smoothie gives me a ton of energy and the kids love it too!
So here it is! Enjoy!
**Contains affiliate links
- 2 teaspoons organic cacao - I use this
- 1 1/2 - 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen steamed cauliflower
- 3 dates soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- protein powder of you choice (optional) I use Vital Proteins Grass-fed Collagen Peptide Protein Powder (great for skin + hair + nails + bones)
- Starting with the milk of your choice (coconut/almond/hemp), add all ingredients and blend until smooth.