If you’ve ever had chocolate dipped strawberries, you already know what a perfect pair berries and chocolate are.
For some reason, up until this point, it had never crossed my mind to mix the two together. I am SO glad I did though, because this smoothie is. the. bomb.
I'm sure you already know I'm obsessed with chocolate. Cacao powder is my favorite way to add that delicious chocolatey flavor in my diet without all the bad stuff that comes with regular, store bought chocolate. So chocolate and berries it is for me! Mix in some other goodies and organic greens superfood and you’ve got your perfect breakfast, really!
This smoothie was a huge hit with the kids, even though the color isn’t exactly bright and shiny.
Heres how I made it.
(**Affiliate links below)
- 1 -2 tsp organic cacao powder
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- one scooper organic greens powder, I used Amazing Grass Greens Superfood Blend
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 to 1 1/2 banana
- 2 stalks dino kale
- one date soaked overnight
- 1-2 tbsp organic hemp hearts
- Your choice of nut milk (about 1 + 1/2 cups)
- a dash of chocolate coconut water
- Blend all ingredients together in high-power blender until smoothe.