I am not sure if you all out there have tried sunflower seed butter as an alternative to peanut butter but if you haven't, you need to ASAP. This stuff is addicting as heck and tastes like a dream. Not only is it delicious but it's also A LOT healthier compared to conventional peanut butter. Sunflower seeds are naturally high in vitamin E, vitamin Bs, selenium, thiamine, magnesium and copper and phosphorus. They are great for cardiovascular health, cancer prevention and and they also have been given credit for having antioxidant powers.
I came up with these E A S Y, no bake, Reese's peanut butter cup copy cats using 5 healthy ingredients and they are the best. Now I can run to them when I’m having a sweets craving and not feel guilty. The kids love them too!
The other ingredients are bone broth protein powder (click here to learn more about the benefits of bone broth), chia seeds (high in omega-3 fatty acids), dark chocolate and agave nectar for sweetening.
You have to try them! They're so easy and so so good.
E N J O Y!
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (I used this brand)
- 1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used this bone broth protein powder by Ancient Nutrition)
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 large organic dark chocolate bar
- Mix all ingredients (minus the chocolate) in a large bowl until well combined.
- Put cupcake liners in a muffin tin + pour batter into each cup (1 heaping teaspoon or more if you want them to be thicker)
- Smooth the batter flat with the back of a spoon (you can add oil so it wont stick)
- Melt your dark chocolate bar by adding some coconut oil over medium heat and then slowly stirring chocolate in until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate a top the batter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.